These weighted shoulder wraps are designed to provide Deep Touch Pressure stimulation, which regulates people’s nervous systems, helping them feel grounded, relaxed and secure (similar to a weighted blanket ... or a hug!).
I made (or rather altered) these wraps as a resource for children with autism, ADHD, and anxiety. But they’re also a good tool for councilors, therapists, teachers (they’re great for children who struggle with overstimulation in classrooms), and can be a great comfort for people suffering from dementia or alzheimer’s.
(I also have glass beads for sale if you’re thinking about making your own)
High-density eco-friendly glass beads filling
Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation (DTPS)
Inner: glass beads
Weight: Slightly over 1.5 kg
1. Their seams have been reinforced, but the amount of weight can put extra strain on the material. These wraps were designed for cuddles, not rough play.
2. Monitors are not all calibrated same, so the colour displayed in photos may vary slightly.
- The weight may be dangerous for people with limited mobility.
- Not for children under 3 years (for older children/people please use at your own discretion).
- For children under 5, or with limited fine motor skills/weak hands, I recommend removing the plastic dome so that it doesn't get stuck around their necks. This is also a good idea if your child likes to chew on things as the dome could pose a risk of chocking should it come off.
- Not to be worn to bed
Contact me to arrange a time if you’d like to come an collect anything – you’re more than welcome to! (I live in Brooklyn, Wellington). Best times for pick-ups are before 2pm, or after 4pm on weekdays (though times can differ in the school holidays).